Frequently Asked Questions

Building Permits
1.How do I get a building permit or know if I need one?
Contact the Town of Midland Planning Services Department at 704-888-2232 ext. 17. If you would like to come into Town Hall, please make an appointment. Staff is in Tuesday's and Thursday.Midland Planning Services Website

Cabarrus Links Transportation
      1.Who can ride?
Anyone who lives in Cabarrus County can ride on Cabarrus Links. Persons using wheelchairs or other mobility devices are able to access these vans. Per state law, children 8 years old or younger and weighing 80 lbs. or less are required to use a child safety seat. Passengers must provide their own safety seats.

2.What is the cost?
A one-way trip on Cabarrus Links costs $1. Payment is by cash only. CK Rider bus line will honor the Cabarrus Links passenger ticket for transfer to other destinations in Concord or Kannapolis. Cabarrus Links also honors CK Rider passenger tickets for transfer to rural drop-off points.

3.Is the service door-to-door?
No. Cabarrus Links picks up and drops off passengers at designated public locations throughout the County. Check the schedule for routes and locations. Anyone who is physically unable to access Cabarrus Links and who needs transportation to medical appointments or other life-sustaining trips should call Cabarrus County Transportation at 704-920-2931 for information on door-to-door transportation.

4.Where is the Midland pickup location?
Midland’s pickup location will be at New Horizons Baptist Church located at 11777 Highway 601, Midland North of Hwy 24/27 intersection

Display of Signs
1.Where can I place signs?
Please see Midland's Zoning Ordinance (Chapter 11: Signage) for further information. Midland Zoning Ordinance Link

Fire Department
1.How does my club or organization arrange a tour of the fire station?
Contact the Fire Department at

2.How do I obtain a burn permit?
You can obtain a burn permit from the Town Clerk. The office hours are Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5 pm. There is no cost for a burn permit.
You may obtain a burning permint online at no cost (as long as you have a valid email address) by clicking the link below: Division of Forest Resources for Cabarrus County

3.Where are the fire stations located in Midland?
12805 Hwy 601S
Midland NC 28107
See Fire Department link in the Public Safety menu for directions

4.How often should I change the batteries in my smoke detectors?
You should replace the batteries in your smoke detectors twice a year? A good way to remember is to do this when you change your clocks for daylight savings time.

New Resident Information
1.Who are the utility companies for Midland (i.e. Power, Water and Sewer, etc.)?
-Power: Duke Energy is the main electric service provider within the town limits (1-800-777-9898).
-Water and Sewer: The City of Concord is the owner and operator of water and sewer in the Town of Midland. To find out water and sewer availibility at your location, please call the City of Concord at 704-920-5555.
-Gas: PSNC Energy is the gas provider in the area. Gas availability depends on your resident or business location. 1-877-776-2427. Duke Energy website

2.Garbage and Recycline Services
Garbage and Recycling service is provided by Waste Pro. The pickup days are on Thursdays and Fridays. Depending on where you live in town, your day will be either Thursday or Friday. Recycling is collected every other week. You will be provided a schedule when you sign up for new service. For and customer service questions please call Waste Pro at 704-282-1605.
The pickup day will vary on holidays. 

3.Emergency Contacts
-Call 911 for any emergency.
-Non-emergency number for the Cabarrus County Sheriff's Office is 704-920-3000.
-Power outage or power problems, please contact Duke Energy at 1-800-POWERON that is 1-800-769-3766.

4.Where are the parks?
Currently the park in Midland located behind Bethel Elementary School at the following address: 2425 Midland Rd, Midland, NC 28107.
This park offers baseball and soccer fields. Click to See Cabarrus County Parks

5.Resources for other service, e.g. cable, phone?
Depending on your location in the Midland area, your cable, phone, and internet provider is Time Warner, AT&T or both.

6.Where can I find local school information?
The schools that service the Midland area are:
-Bethel Elementary
-CC Griffin Middle School
-Central Cabarrus High School
Additional information can be found on the Cabarrus County school website. Cabarrus County Schools

Parks & Recreation
1.Where can I find out about special events in Midland?
See the events calendar on Town website

2.How do I register for sporting activities?
The Bethel Athletic Association is the coordinating organization for sports. They have seasonal signups for various sports including: baseball, softball, t-ball, soccer, football, cheerleading, and basketball.
For additional information see the Bethel Athletic Association link under Things To Do menu.

3.Does the Town of Midland have facilities available to rent for special occasions?
Currently the Town doesn't have facilities for rent

4.Where are the parks located in Midland?
Currently the park in Midland located behind Bethel Elementary School on Midland Road.
The park offers baseball and soccer fields.

1.How do I contact Cabarrus County Sheriff's Dept.?
For emergencies dial 911. All other contact please visit Cabarrus County Sheriff's website. Cabarrus County Sheriff

Town Information
1. What are Town Hall’s hours of operation?
Midland Town Hall is open
Monday - Friday from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm

2.How are my taxes determined?
The Town of Midland's tax rate is $.20 per $100 of tax value. This rate includes fire protection and garbage service.

3.What is the Town's current population?
The current population as of the 2010 Census is 3,073

Trash Services
1.How do I get garbage services?
If you live within the Town Limits contact Waste Pro at 704-282-1605.
If you live outside the Town Limits contact Republic Waste Services Customer Service at 704-393-6900